About Me

Monday, January 16, 2012

Living Room

I love my living room.  I love my slipcovered white couch.  I love my two red floral club chairs.  But something's not quite right.  I think putting new pillows on the couch would help tremendously and I'm thinking that two taller chairs are what the room needs.  The red chairs are great but their really low and small.  Maybe if they were slipcovered.  I love slipcovers by the way.  They solve so many problems.  Especially with dogs and children.  Wash 'em, dry 'em and put 'em back on - all in an hour.  Woohoo. 

Anyway, here are some pictures of living rooms I like:
 This is my favorite room.  I love the red fabrics and lots of differnt patterns/textures.  I love the boldness of the striped wing backs and the white couch.  Love it all and would like it in my house please.

 I do love white and wood - maybe once Stanley has passed I'll ponder doing all white.  It's clean and pretty - maybe after the kids are gone...

 White and wood again...I'm just drawn to it.

 Yellow walls, clean lines, pillows...likin' it.



 This could actually be my house - excpet it's a little frilly and I don't think Balin would like it.  It's a great place though for Perrin and I to have tea.

I love the indoor/outdoor look here.  Again neutral colors, wood and now lots of plants.  And check out the candle laterns on the floor.  That might be a fire hazard with the Yogi.  He gets a little excited and tip something over.


All these ideas run around my head and I yearn to make them happen.  I've decided that this year I am finishing my house and making it the way I want it.  Then perhaps I will take on another project - like another house as a rental.  But for now I've got to stay focused and get things done around here.  It's going to be beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment