My mom commented after seeing the last blog that it's true, my bedroom does need a little something. I totally agree. The first thing on the agenda is to repaint the nightstands and perhaps get new lamps. First repainting. I sanded down the nightstands, primed and painted them the same color as the wall, Kansas Grain (Home Depot). I then sanded them down to get them to look like they were beat up and then I applied a glaze to them in a tabacco color. The finished product is looking pretty good - and Balin is happy to have a nightstand back after 2 weeks. (My projects are never quick - especially when I only do them at night when Balin is on a trip)
![]() |
| This is the nightstand before I refinished it. The black actually was helpful in making the piece more interesting when I refinished it. |
I also found an old, pine armoire that I think I'm going to purchase and refinish in the same way as the nightstands. It will give us some much needed storage. It will also serve as a space to give some accesories some height.
The last thing I think the bedroom needs is new shelves. I would like to redo the hanging shelves we have now with some detailed trip and then distress them. Balin's not sold on the idea. We'll see.
From there I think I will paint the bathroom a blue to match the coverlet and get some drapes that tie everything together.
We're getting there one room at a time.



Love your blog and your house! The mudroom is my favorite...I want one! Great to meet you and your family today.
ReplyDelete