About Me

Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Big Snow

Not much has been going on with the updating of the Park House.  The front garden is supposed to be installed tomorrow...but there's still a couple of feet of snow so I don't think that's going to happen. 

I did get most of Perrin's room finished, except the photos on the walls and the headboard.  I am hoping this week I will have time to get the head board finished and hung.

We got the plans approved for the garage and mother-in-law.  In the plans it actually is called a craft room....does that mean I get to do crafts there?  Hopefully we'll get the foundation laid as soon as the snow melts.  Balin and his friend Chad Dougan are hoping to do a lot of the work themselves.  Hopefully that works out well as it will be significantly cheaper.

We bought a "new" to us dining table that is at a friend's garage waiting to be distressed black.   I am going to redo the upholstery also, but not sure if that's a do it myself job. 

And we are going to buy a 15-1 game table for the front room and turn that room into our game area.  A friend gave me the idea and both Balin and I think it's brilliant.  I am thinking to repaint the walls in a basic white and accessorize with color. 

Things are coming along, one room at a time.  I will post pictures of Perrin's room hopefully this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment